Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Top of the Mountain

Jon and I on top of the world!
The veiw was amazing!
There is one peak that there is piles of shale rock. People have stacked it up and made huge piles. Someone had made a fort out of it since we were there last. It was really cool. It was a huge round tower that was probably at least 8 ft. in diameter and 8ft. tall. It had to have taken along time to do. And some of the rocks were really big.
Here are some more of the piles of rocks. Some people have taken up paint and wrote their names and a date. We will have to do that one of these days.

Jon and I went to the top of the mountain above our cabin on the 4-wheeler. It was a lot of fun to just get away. The view from the top is spectacular. You can see into Montana, all of the way to Island Park resevoir, and back to Idaho Falls. It is a great trip!

3 comments:

I am The Blindman and this is my mission said...

ok,you guys are looking like you are having too good of a time away from us. Next time I want pics of you looking forlorn and pitiful doing nothing inside your house.:) No JK! I'm glad you are having a good time, just jealous as my life seems pretty humdrum. (I did get to go to Mexico though and that was a blast!)

Jamie said...

Hey Dawn!!! YOu look totally awesome and skinny! I sure miss you and your fam. Oliver asked yesterday if we coud go up to dawn and jon's house. I guess maybe I never told him you were moving:(

Andrea said...

Hi Dawn! Just stopping by your blog. It was nice visiting with you at the reunion! The pics from the top of the mountain are so cool!